Friday, May 11, 2018

Poem for her 526

Dear Readers,


Last day of spring

The heat was a bit much in the full sun
The mower was just cooling off in the shade
The water was hot and the soap in the sponge
The hands that helped you were smiling a lot
So was my face, as you splashed me with water
The last day of the work week but that was tuesday
Today was friday and you had mowed the lawn
You liked to do that, and I made sure you had water
And the soapy sponge and the biggest bath towel
Dinner a light picnic setting full of things
The stars were going to take a while to show
The mental picture of a scrapbook open
Then the sudden smile as you read the lines
The poem I had there something only you see
There is hidden meanings in the words too
Like always the deeper layers filling up
The air between the letters and soothing
The dinner was by the small fire
The air chilled but by the wind not the cold
I rubbed your feet and ankles and calves
I kissed your finger tips the night cozy
The two of us curled in sleep dreaming


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home