Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Poem for her 524

Dear Readers,


Dear Lord,


There is this lady you told me to say Hi too
Inspired me to notice her flying into frame
The butterfly wings and the blonde hair
The silence, no chatter did she make
The Hi was me saying hey I need to chat
Let us see where this might go and
Days and weeks later and months turned
To years and decades and futures
Things only you know Lord
The thoughts and dreams and ideas
The porch swings yet to see
The places yet to be
But already planned out by your hand
As Jesus mentioned
"You gave them to me before creation"
That one line means so many more things
Than these lines can express
Thank you Lord for that Blonde Tabby
The cat that curls and jumps when she sees me
The licks of fingers when the honey sticks
The caviar thought that drew her in
The notice me that she did, the see my picture
Looked at me so often that I didn't realize
That she loved me more and more as the days went
That you planned things so well
That the road ahead is filled with
Things untold yet
But easy still
As you are the guide and way
The path to swings and dew
Thank you


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home