Friday, August 10, 2018

Poem for her 618

Dear Readers,


Music

There in the room with her headphones on
There in the car with the radio playing
There on the front porch looking through CDs
There on the night stand a small CD player
She has music at a finger tip, some I like too
Sometimes we don't play music with the speakers
The dances don't always have music in the background
The showers go a while without music
She sings things with me listening to her
Her head and body moves to the beat of a song
There she is with empty belt loops
Here I am stepping close putting my fingers in them
Pulling her to dance steps of some song played
Stepping in slow steps to a beat all our own
There is music in the day when she is in the house
There is music in her eyes when she looks at me
Soft sounds of sighs as she whispers

Happy Birthday Love,

Then I say,

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home