Friday, August 03, 2018

Poem for her 613

Dear Readers,


The phone call

You sighed as I greeted you
I love you, said several times in a breathless rush
A form of hello, with more behind it than a mere hello
Then the words of other things follow
Softly the story goes, 300 sweet nothings in the room
Your smile remembers them in your sock drawer
Whispering your name as you slip your t-shirt on
Soft words of love
The ones whispered in the morning light
Right before I hand you a mug of coffee
The ones when stepping out to the porch
Each porch with benches that are called swings
The phone buzzes
You hear me say
I love you, I love you, I love you and your name
Soft held in my hand as I push off the swing
..on it's swaying journey back and forth
..as you tuck your legs over the sides on a pillow
..and snuggle into me

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home