Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Poem for her 611

Dear Readers,



The trip

The car was working well I told her
She looked at me and smiled
The car was picked out by her
We'd paid for it easy
We'd saved for it before we saw it
But this was Her car
The one she liked and wanted to drive
Not a left over from the city house days
Just hers
Though I could drive it too with my longer legs
It was hers
When we went on trips
She drove till tired and if we wanted to keep going
I'd drive a bit
But we planned trips so that a bit of driving was all
Then a space of stopped and enjoying
Then some sleep time
More enjoying walking about
Then back to the road
Even if the trip was a long one
Short easy drives between stops
One thing she liked about the car
It was hers


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home