Monday, July 30, 2018

Poem for her 609

Dear Readers,


Tomato

The plants in the greenhouse we visited
Were way taller than the biggest ones I'd grown
That was an impressive feat in feet
I wanted to get your pictures near them
But you are still shy around the camera
I can get you in photos when I sneak a bit
Or it's not your face in them, so I got your hands
There next to the plants full of yellows and reds
There were a few with your face in them, as I do
I get you giggling and then move the camera
And you demure a bit and let me take them
You are a tough subject to photograph
You shy away and turn your head just so
But the dim light and the steady hand and
A dance step or two and some plant or moss
Those always help take a picture hold it close
Then as the day grew on, we got the fruit
And the picnic was out back in the shade
Nice place these greenhouses, glad we found them
Now to get over to that other place to nap

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home