Monday, May 14, 2018

Poem for her 529

Dear Readers,


Sweet candy kisses

The basket was full of treats
Some labeled for my diet some not
The candy theme was part of a story
I had been working on and you smiled
You'd heard me tell it time and again
The story of the candy king
The boy king in a world of sugar
There was that favorite flavor you liked

That sweet one over there in foil
There was the ones I liked in wax paper
The touch of mint scent
I thought of that bit of chocolate
Once used as an art thought
And how it tasted on your skin

The sweet kisses that day long
Today the same sweet kisses
They aren't the candy part
But they are the candy part
They are the mixed item
Chocolate and You filling me up
The candy on the chair


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home