Sunday, April 22, 2018

Poem for her 505

Dear Readers,


The poems

The thoughts of poem lines to tell you
The things I can see or things to be
Or imprints of the fingers you put on my face
The slow scrap book pages laid out over time
The pictures with words written and spoken
The thoughts of belt loops and things
The kisses many as the days stream by
The poems you get late at night spoken
Heard that once and memory of dreamy
The images of the days and years slow held
The thoughts of poems for her run the span
The days that you wrote me long letters
The days we talked hours and only felt seconds
The rug on the cabin floor we picked out
The table clothe green I wrote about
The day the walk in parking lot by rails
The time you sat on our porch swing at dawn
The tip of your finger on my back
The I love yous all the days we know
The edges of the sunshine behind dawn's curtains
The game we play extended out over edges
The cards flow left hand right hand
Numbers of forks 2, number of plates one
The lines I want to write numbered many

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home