Sunday, April 22, 2018

Poem for her 504

Dear Readers,


Face in hands


The camera has your face in your hands
The song playing in the background
You swaying to the music eyes closed
The light down low and face there soft
The camera runs and just you and music
You say something and hand stays posed
The yearning I have when I film so
The yearning I have when I see it as I
Type these lines but without the camera near
The face in hands close to me here
In my mind's eye as I hold you close
The memory of the touch refreshed slow
Steady flow of the days going by as we age
The eggs served on your plate a reminder
The noodles in the bowl a thought verse
The whole universe swirls around you
In the frame of pictured face in hands
Yours and mine holding you close held
Kiss the page babe, imprinted me forever

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home