Saturday, April 21, 2018

Poem for her 503

Dear Readers,


Those

Those days of all the looking at you
Those days that the second we touch
...You bounce up on your toes and
...You want to snuggle into me
Those days the ping of a text or
...The ping when a voicemail arrives
...Or the thought of you singing
Those days when the memory of a photo
...Streams close to my fingers and
...A poem springs up to say words many
...about all the years of knowing you
Those days when I can't get enough
...of looking at your eyes and face
...of touching your hands and arms
...of saying I love you
Those days when the hours of the day
...aren't long enough and we talk
...them all gone in like minutes it seems
Those days when all you want is one
...long restful break with me close
...letting the stress drain away
...Restive sleep in my arms
Those days when all the time
...is spent holding hands
...dancing to the groove of the record
...hearing the songs you like to sing
...kissing the seconds all night long


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home