Thursday, August 30, 2018

Poem for her 631

Dear Readers,


Snow in the forest


The thoughts of you cuddled close to me
The days shorter than now and cooler
The joy of seeing the winter here
And not the heat of the summer still
The porch swing dusted even under cover
The snow on the ramp beside the side door
The steps covered and the ground with prints
My foot prints in the fresh snow still
From yesterday when it first fell
The eggs in the fridge calling our names
The smell of hot coffee as the day breaks
That smell the butter makes in our skillet
The bread buttered by you and the cheese laid out
There that toasted egg and cheese melted grill
The one you and I worked on in a video long ago
The one you smiled and ate with the glee of
My cooking for you the smile so close today
The cuddle as the music plays and my fingers dance
Down your back and we sip coffee at the window


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home