Sunday, June 17, 2018

Poem for her 567

Dear Readers,


Mild Ice skating

The weather isn't there yet
But I get out the Ice skates
Then realize they aren't mine
They were from another time
There was that cool sport
Slicing ice on the cold ground
The movement easy and free
But that I had never used them
Wasn't the theme, but that I wrote
About them being used
I wondered if She had used them
I haven't a clue I haven't asked
The question never came up
I live so far south it's not a topic
There I was holding a pair of ice skates
These were really small a toy
But here I was, thinking
Cabin in woods, hard frozen pond
There is that idle thought again
If we could would we
I have a table tennis table
Stored for a future game room
Where to put the ice rink
For use in summer
Ah yes, in a Hockey arena
Simple problem solved easy
Now to find one

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home