Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Poem for her 562

Dear Readers,


Hey good looking

The song is playing on the tape deck
The song was put there by my dad looking
For recording his layers of tapes
To CD and then whatever else he does
The audiophile in him is grand
I am just a listener
I do like to talk a lot
So I write it down
Line for line into a country music song
Then she walks in and dances slow
Hi Babe I say in the line next
Then she does a twirl and smiles
I hand her the piles of CDs
The ones dad has been making for her
The ones we play a lot
The ones in the library
Miles away in town
We loaned them when we set it up
The library and the greenhouse
The town is small
But she and I swing slow
There in t he living room
Doe see doe swing her in a sway
Then that kissing slow all day long


Happy Birthday Babe.

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home