Monday, February 26, 2018

Poem for her 449

Dear Readers,


That day

The day you drifted in on butterfly wings
Then we started to chat about the weather
The flowers of later spring over by the geee
Hey I know here have some notepaper free
There were those notes we passed to and fro
Then the story-line poems with glee
You were having fun at the beach then
I was just standing at the bank clerks
I talked about flowers and pillows and bits
You talked about lawn mowers and coffee
There was that subject of age limits and roe
Cheese and fruit and that first long kiss
All yet to be and not even on the radar
Those days are still fresh in lines of poems
That day the snow fluffed and your glasses off
The cold shaking hands and the kiss of fingers
That first call and then the million others
That day you said Mei Fun? and I said Eggs?
That day I said hey have this set of line and

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home