Saturday, February 17, 2018

Poem for her 440

Dear Readers,


Silent Snow


The snow slides out of the clouds
Making the landscape white and soft
The rounded edges like pillows on the bed
You love this time of day when the snow lands
The silence is one of your favorite bits
The frosty air smooths sounds even inside
I don't talk much when the snow is falling
Wanting to hold you and move slow
Take my time and lessen the noises of moving
Those first few minutes after the snow stops
When the ground is just spotless white
When the bird foot prints haven't stepped
The pictures I try to take without sound
The echo of the wind soft in background
I can see things drifting in the trees
The heavy snow falling when wind moves
The silent snow as I cuddle you to sleep
The only sound is my hand on your skin

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home