Monday, December 25, 2017

Poem for her 385

Dear Readers,



Voicemail


The phone rang and then you got me
The old me of ages ago saying those lines
About who I was and seeing you on the flip side
That Record of long ago about a record rift
The records in the cabinets in the city house
The sound of my voice in your ear
The soft sound of a whimper I slipped
As I couldn't get the phone in time
Yet Joy that a voicemail was left
The camera has your voice on it when I am away
The recorded voice of you whispering or talking
The waves of your hands for me to stop filming
The voice of your whisper on voice mail soon to pass
But the whisper of your voice that sweet sweet sound
The sound I can't seem to get enough of even now
These many eons since I met you
The sound of your voice so tender
The sound of your voice always sweet to my ear
The need to hear it over and over always near
Soft slumber as you fade to sleep whispers here


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home