Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Poem for her 375

Dear Readers,



Sleeping

You like to sleep on my shoulder
The sound of your breathing sweet in my ear
I can't tell you why your feet are so nice
It is something only you have that I need
The sound of your sigh fills my day
You and I hold hands and they melt together
The feel of your skin like mine
Only just there at my finger tips
The sound of you sleeping lulls me to sleep
I find peace in your being in the world near
When your face turns to me and you look
Toward me the camera catches your expression
The turn of cheek and stance of gaze
You look at me with something words lack to say
The feelings close and filled with meaning
The soft dreamy looks are slow embers glowing
The night grows shorter even as you sleep
The dawn peeks of the window edge and you smile
Good Morning on your mind and kisses on your lips


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home