Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Poem for her 380

Dear Readers,


Happy Birthdays


The clock read 25 mins and 51 seconds
The phone call had lasted that long
The call was started just before my local birthday minute
The call wasn't on that date but it was Her
The call was our good night visit while she was away
Those are the longest nights
The ones where her sounds are missed
The ones where the hands melting into each other
The long soothing moments when hand on shoulder
Hand on soft skin sooth to slumber and sleep
The nights when the hot mint tea is in two cups
Happy birthdays are at every passed through doorway
The Brand spanking Newness of self awareness
The mirrors only showing fresh smiles
Touch my ear with your voice Babe I say softly
She says things to me and I to her
I love you babe, see you soon
Dawn and the first next time I hear you sooner now


Happy Birthday Babe,


Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home