Thursday, December 21, 2017

Poem for her 382

Dear Readers,



Slumber at a Touch


Those winter days when sleep is the order of the day
But when things have to be done, places to go many
The next chance you get to rest is just laying down
The soft touch of my hand on your shoulder as you walk in
The relaxation so near You steer toward the bed
The hot Tea almost forgotten and the supper too
The soft touch of my hand on your back peaceful
The feel of your skin under my fingers steady
The skin soft and light warm and cool as the wind blows
The fan overhead making the day slowly cooler
The yawns are many and then the breathing slows
The slumber at my touch is sweet and you move closer
The night darkens as lights are dimmed and you doze
I warm you with a sheet and then settle in
Long night of slow touching you as you sleep


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home