Monday, December 11, 2017

Poem for her 373

Dear Readers,



Picture


You sitting there with a smile on your face
The setting though changes day to day
Things move about in the edges of the frame
Never the whole scene seen as the object is you
The face always smiling knowing your photo is taken
The scene in my mind's eye told to you changes
Black coat parking lot, white coat elevator
The red striped shirt is a favorite of mine
The scene can be here or there but you are my focus
Your face in mind hands as you turn to me
Your smile shining a glow held deep eyes glittering
I could tell you what I see when I look at you
But I can only scratch the surface with words
Feelings bubble up when I see you even in a picture
When your voice slides toward me too I am in awe
You have a shine in my heart set about full boil
Every turn through doorway Brand spanking new

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home