Saturday, October 14, 2017

Poem for her 328

Dear Readers,



Ginger Snaps

The box was sitting on the counter
The box was filled with Ginger Snaps
Kinds of them, boxes and bags and piles
The box was large and the amount of cookies
Was almost uncountable but was also known
Just not by us, until we slowly took them out
And pondered them and smiled and thought
Oh wow, so many kinds, so many places
The favorite cookie was in the box
The assortment had taken a while to collect
And the person that had given it to us
Was smiling somewhere as they knew we'd enjoy
The long long days of savoring them
The thought of licking each crumb off her fingers
Passed through my mind as I told her I'd get the tea
We also got a notebook and started making a list
The details were going to take time
The box opening was going to be fun
I saw a few that we had already tried over the years
I saw some I couldn't read the labels of
I whispered something to her and she giggled
I took her a Hot Mint tea and kissed her
Then we savored the first of many cookies
Then we put the tea down
And went to take our Shower
The long afternoon shower of those fall days
The ones that we took our time in
The ones where we talked about things
And remembered that first shower together
The one where.............

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home