Thursday, October 12, 2017

Poem for her 327

Dear Readers,



Meow


The cat said as she curled into my hands
The fur was so warm and close that I felt loved
The cat purred again and she stretched
I was happy she was there in my hands
The color was black and white and none others
The pattern was hard to say and the face purred
The meow was her telling me something sweet
The gurgle of the tummy something else
I got her some food that I knew she'd like
A can of tuna, bit by bit and I drank some tuna water
The cat purred and walked to me on the counter
The thoughts I remember then the phone rang
The sweet purr of her voice was close
And she talked in the whisper of sleep
The words she and I used were soft and many
The purrs close and the night short and dark
The night night sounded and I lay back and thought
Then on a spur to ponder what the time was
The phone flashed the light of back lit
Happy birth time exactly on the nose
The cat and me went on a long journey though the night
30 minutes later I got up refreshed but hungry
Then the two eggs then the email then the goldmoney posts
Then the hey I have the idea and wishing her

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home