Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Stories Our Dreams Tell

Dear Readers,

You wake from the dream world for whatever reasons, only to find that what you saw there in that misty dream was just that a dream. But mine play out like mini movie sets a lot more than most, I am not the only actor on set, sometimes I am the director other times I am just one of many. The one I wake from just now had me hoping that I'd really get to know this girl, only she is someone I know, at least as a face, an actress from a canceled police drama that I hadn't thought about in ages. You know it is not real, could never be real, that things in the dream world are just your mind doing whatever it does when you dream, yet I can see my own Private worlds in there, things that I had seen during the day and things that I thought about, played out in a movie set so that my mind could do whatever it does with the days events.

Though this dream left me wanting to be the person I was in them, a stage actor, setting up appointments for future shows and meet and greets with people to talk the trade. One thing I remember thinking and saying to someone else, is that it was so easy to just talk, because it was totally dark and No one could see you, they could only hear what you said and how you said it. That, that part was liberating me from any stage fright I had once had.

Oh, and that we were creating Ad Lib pieces and small skits. Which goes into a conversation that I had with someone online about how if I told wild tale to my dad he'd be able to play with it with his own wild tale, weaving both our tales into a grand scene.

Now to see if I can continue where I left off with the last scene of the story from yesterday.

................

I was into my second dram of wine when my phone rang.

"Hey Brooks, I need you to hunt down why I have been served a search warrant, and if they can force me to open my safe. Well they can't force me, as it will just disappear, but I want to know really is can they force me to try to open it, and can they really just try to break into it on their own?" I say to George Brooks without letting him say much more than Hi.

"Who's court signed the warrant?"

"Federal Judge Judy Ross, and she sealed the reasons why and who wanted the search. I expect it has something to do with my dealings with governments in the Middle East, but I can't see why they would be so heavy handed."

"Mr. Danner, what do you have in the safe?"

"I can't tell you, well I could tell you, but I won't tell you, after all if I were to tell you, what good is having it in the Safe Safe in the first place. " What was in there was several plans and designs for several things that had yet to make it into production, some of which had been up in the Loft before I made them go elsewhere. I could have moved the Safe as well, but it is designed to Never Come back, at least not here in this apartment again.

"Well I will get to over to Federal Court, and see what we can see. You should have had Tracey come in and gotten me. It was just a planning meeting." He said with a slight ring of admonishment in his voice, like he felt I was not taking things serious enough.

"Well you have your other clients to deal with."

"But you Sir are our only big client and the meeting was not that important."

Just then my front door opened and a spook walked in, you could tell he was a spook by the way he looked directly at me without taking in anything else and laser lighted me to the spot. Only to realize that I was taking note of him looking at me, and I was returning his gaze force for force. I thought for a few seconds that I knew him, but it was only his kind that I knew I looked at him closer and tried to see what he was thinking. I could almost feel it, when he blinked and forced himself to turn away, lest I really find out something important. It is hard for spooks to back down on a challenge and I took note of that force of will he used on himself, I'd have to watch this one, and Jones was not his name.

"Well the real reason that they are here just arrived, a spook named for today, Mr. Jones. Now I am sure that it is the Safe that they are after and What is in it. Whatever they suspect is in it, has made them pull out some stops." I paused to sigh and continued.

"I want you to find out if they can force open the safe with a Search Warrant, I would like you to see if you can make them tell us why, and I want to know what they will do to me when the Safe disappears."

"Disappears? What do you mean by that? It can't just disappear, where will you take it?" Frustration at being confused heavy in his voice.

"The Safe Safe Room is designed so that the Safe can not be opened when anyone else is in my apartment. If I am forced to, against my will to open it, which I can't! The Safe will travel elsewhere in a blink of an eye or faster and it will be gone and never ever come back to this Apartment. Which will really make me mad, as I do like it being here with me. It is an old friend we have been together a long time, and frankly I don't like having it elsewhere when I am working. But all that besides the point, the Safe is designed to be Safe, It will go Poofy, frustrating me and likely have them wanting to through me in Jail. Which is just what I want you to find if they can do or not."

"You have lost me, I can't understand how a safe can just go elsewhere." He says in that confused tone people have when faced with the unknown.

"Do you know how my business cards work? Of course not, you only like them, but you and everyone else seems befuddled every time they discover a new feature of them. The 3-D movable images they can produce, how they are powered, and how you can't seem to break them, no matter how hard you try. Secrets you have all asked me about and I have not told you. This is just another one of them, suffice it to say that if they can Order me to Open the safe. It will disappear. I don't really want it to get that far, but I want to know what they can do to me if it does get that far." I am being more forceful in my tone to him than I would normally use and I take a pause and sip some wine.

"I will do my best Sir. I will call you when I know more."

"Am I free to go legally when they are searching the apartment and trying to open The Safe? I really need to go do some things before this evening."

"They might want to keep you around if they take anything, and if they get the safe open you will want to be there."

"Nope, they can't open the Safe, it is a Safe Safe, they can't open it, and they can't move it out of here, in fact I am the only one that can move it. As I did bring it here but then again I did not use the elevator to get it here, call it another one of those things you have no clue about, just know it happened."

"It is like your Business Cards isn't it?" Understanding finally leaking into his voice.

"Only big and black and heavier than all get out. The cards can break, the Safe can't break, at least not with any force they can apply to it."

"If you don't mind them poking around your place, I don't see why you can't leave, there is no Legal way to hold you there. Most people don't want them stealing the art work or things. Where is the Safe at anyway? Last time I was there, all you had was open space, The Lone Chair, and nothing in the loft or the room below it." I had had a house warming party, that several of the other people in the building had sorta forced on me, as they wanted to see what their new super rich neighbor was going to do with the place. Only to have most of them scratch their heads at the stark emptiness of the place. What they did not know was that it was rather full of stuff. Space. Lots of Open space. It was not my only home, but those other places weren't on maps that they knew about. I was a bit to secretive for their tastes, Rich people Flaunt their wealth in their eyes, and the only thing they had seen was nothing much, but two odd metal block art objects on the walls, one by the front door and the other in the kitchen area. Not much to say about them, none of the parts turned or anything. Okay none of the parts turned for them, they did turn for me.

"The room below the Loft I installed The Safe Safe Room. It is my own design and it is Safe to leave them fiddling with it. Good I will leave as soon as I can. Thank you George for the help, do your best. I will talk to you later."

He says goodbye and I hang up on him. But I call one more number.

"Joey! Dude! I need the plane prepped and ready to go, flight plan for a trip to England. Quasimodo is in town with my car, I have a hot date tonight, and I might have to rush away."

"Yes Sir, But you hardly ever bring Quasi, into town unless something dire has happened. Is everything okay Sir?" Joey has a young voice, and for all that does look rather young, although you'd be surprised to find out how old he is really.

"The Safe is being looked at by spooks." Is all I say.

"Yes Sir, I understand. We'll be prepped and ready when you arrive, if needed." All joking and leisure gone from his voice.

"Thanks, Dude." I say as I hang up.

Time to get this party on the road. I sit there and watch them milling around the Safe Room, Mr Jones is looking at me with sidelong glances never keeping his eyes on me for more than a few seconds. A crew seems to have arrived, bags of gear, even a wheeled cart or two coming in the wide front door. It looks like they are going to try to open the Safe by force. If I were a normal person I'd have been all over them asking questions and that I am not doing "the fuss budget home owner routine" is not lost on them. I wonder If I stir things up just a bit, make them fume more what sort of glee I can get out of it all.

I drink the rest of my wine, and get up out of my Lone Chair. I do miss at times not bringing the Teak Rocker instead, but it is better on the surf side porch in the house where my Card Maker devices are now sitting in the den. I miss the beach and birds and all the People playing in the waves, but they are safe from this hustle and bustle world. Quasimodo must be a little upset to have had to leave the Islands to have shown up here.

I walk over toward the kitchen, and they give me room and don't seem to care for me much. I open the smaller of the two fridges, the one on the left, and put the bottle next to another one already in there, though that one is a 1980 vintage with a label. I take out a nice ripe peach from the fruit drawer, which is in the middle of the shelves, other than that there aren't many things in the fridge almost as if I don't eat at home, but I do when I am here, I just am neat about it and there is little clutter in there, with all the shelves clean and clear glass.

I walk into the area with my dinner table, the table is old wood, looking to have been picked up in a thrift store somewhere, but I made it about as long ago as the wine I had just been drinking was bottled. Before New York was even a thought on a map, ages and ages ago, things had happened to the table, there did look to be a slight burned mark on one side of it, where fire might have touched it a bit to long, but other than that no major scars.

I sat my jelly jar on the table, and pointed at it.

"Stay! Don't move! Yes I know you want off the table! BUT you STAY!" I said it in as serious of voice as I muster even though I wanted to laugh and smile at my own silliness. After all I knew the jelly jar liked the table, and the table loved the jelly jar. They had been together a long time and knew each other well.

Mr. Jones on the other hand was looking at me as If I had lost my mind.

" You never can get things to stay in one spot around here," I say to him.

"Just look, you guys want to take my Safe from in here and move it to who knows where, just to get frustrated knowing that you made me touch it, and it went Poofy, on you!"

"Oh we will move it alright as soon as the court order gets here, we are hauling it away, as evidence." He said in a voice of confidence.

"I want you to try to do just that!" I'd just love to see your faces when you try to lift it off the table. But I have things to do, am I free to leave, my own home?"

"You'll want to stay for when we get it open, might want to explain what we find in there?" He says in a threatening voice.

"You won't get it open, as I am the only one that can open it, even if I were to tell you the 9 number combination, and give you detail instructions on how I open it. It will still not open, and If I touch it it will disappear, if you are all still lurking about the apartment. In fact I can't even open it and take the things in it out, and move them out of the Safe Room. Because then They would disappear." I say this last as I am starting to bite on the juicy peach, totally prefect, just like the day I bought it 6 weeks ago.

Juice is running down my chin and I am smiling at him.

" You are one crazy guy, first you tell the FBI this cock and bull story and now you expect me to believe you too?"

I am a fast eater, and the peach is just melting in my mouth, and I would like to really finished it all, but need it for the effect more or less unfinished.

"Watch this! Follow me!" As I head toward the Safe Room. They have a few guys poking and prodding the safe and one of them is asking the others where his gloves are.

"Did you lay them down on top of the Safe?" I ask.

"Yeah!" Looking at me with an odd puzzled look, squinting his eyes like he can't see me well.

"Watch this! Gather around. Everyone in the Room Gather around and watch this."

I See that they are all looking at me and I reach my hand out over the top of the Safe, being careful not to touch it. I drop the half eaten gloriously delicious peach on top. It stays there for about 5 seconds and then fades away and is gone.

"Go on, check to see where it went! It is gone! Do NOT put anything You want to keep on top of the Safe. Good, now that you know the rules. Can I go now?"

I turn while the techie guys are looking for my peach toward Mr. Jones.

"I am advised that I can leave and come back later, so I am heading out. Bye bye."

I say as I walk toward the door.

He is yelling something mean at me as I leave but I don't care to listen much.

........................

Okay folks I am really not in the habit of writting a lot at once and you will just have to wait for more, till later.

Hugs and May the Peace of the Lord be with you,
Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home