Saturday, October 13, 2007

Tuppence and pennies and how you live

Tuppence

Recently the European side of The Oil Drum had an article about the new Tuppence addition of taxes due at the fueling pumps and I thought of this poem this evening.


Tuppence or as my mind compares words
Put Pence
Put the pennies where they fall
I operate on a different level than most
Some think I am crazy or odd or strange
Ah, I am I say
I am certified by several doctors of Mental health

But the pennies of the world are thrown away
By sane men and women
Just a penny they say
Drop the things not worth the trouble
I earn a living picking them up

I Understand you don't understand my mind
I am the under side of the creation curve
I am the underside of the penny I find
Heads I win
Tails I win

You see I just go about life as a big game or puzzle to solve
I Just go about and do nothing with my days but operate
As a vagabond
I am a Pastor of the small flocks I see
Two or three sheep
Lost in the world
Homeless people come in all shapes and sizes
The ones I talk about have
Big houses
Big cars
Big lives and look at the world as home
And don't even know that this is the way station between
Here and Heaven or Hell

Christians think of this place as a place to help the
Others they see and they do so willingly and forthrightly
I help them in small ways and I do it all the time

God Bless you
Have a blessed day sir, or lady
I open doors and I help where I see a need
I don't flinch when people tell me they don't like me
And I am honest to the point of failure of face time

The world is a strange place
A recent Poem called Heaven And HELL states that
Are you living in Heaven, Hell, Or Earth?

I Care less what your answer is
I can tell by just living around you for about 10 seconds
Or just hanging around like a Bar fly

I have several places that I go and several people that
Turn me away
Or welcome me as a friend.

Almost all of them think different things about me

One of them knows I want to be a Chef as bad as I do anything
Oh I am a Chef, just not papered and stamped and coded as one

One of them knows I know things that she could not possibly know
I know how to B.S. and I know how to help and be a nice person
She does not think about me being Homeless,
She does know I am Bi-polar
I am more creative than her cat
Or strung out on her shop's product
Coffee, and Cafe' sweets

One of them knows me as a pastor
Of the people
A Sheppard of the needy
A Shock Troop Trainer and
A lovable guy who will be there in a pinch
Open his arms to everyone and
Offer his wisdom, limited though it is
To her and everyone that he encounters

I don't care what you think of me
I just plain don't care
I notice though how you treat me
I notice how you treat others different than you treat me
I notice and I observe I am a good
Scientist that way I notice the world I live in
I notice the plants and animals
I take note of the plants that are edible and where they are
I do not think that I am homeless

I am not at home even under the roof of my home
I am not at home in the woods, valleys and rivers
I am not at home here on Earth
I am only visiting and observing
Home is Heaven and I have never been there
I have come close a time or two
But home is the age of my future away
I have not a clue when that age will end
But I do not care if it ends sooner rather than later
But I'd guess later rather than sooner
I feel the needs of the people I see daily
I see the tears in the eyes of people that
Say they miss me when I am gone
I see the tears in the eyes of people who are lost here
I see the feats of the people who see me walking by

I am big, 6 feet tall, a large Bear like man, I usually
Carry a big stick
Walking stick, crutch when I need it,
Helper to hold doors, move things and extend my reach
And Yes I know how to use it as a weapon
I train with metal and wood staves all the time
I am good with my hands in a fight
I am self taught and can take the punishment of
A long wrestling match and I don't stop to worry about the pains

But I smile and nod,
Offer help and act docile when needed
The image of a kind man is what I project
Confident that I can handle the events around me

Yes some people are still afraid of me I see
And some think I am homeless
And some do not like me
Aw, but I am just a visitor
I just long for the pennies from heaven
I only operate on the change of the day

If I am where the tip jars are handy
I tip people even if I have not bought things from them
It is a way to show them that money is meaningless to me
I know they need it and I am rich enough to not care
About giving them my last penny

I am not financially rich I am not wealthy with a huge bank account
I am a penny pincher and I have not a dime to my name
Pennies from heaven
He puts Pence out there for me
Tuppence is 2 cents in the UK
Here we only have
Pennies
Shame we don't have God as our Banker

Or do we know who our banker is truly
God
Bank of America
Arvest
Citibank

Aw where are your pennies stored

Where do you get your paycheck from

Where do you live and how do you live there

Questions to think about
Questions to think Long into the night about
I will be out writing or sleeping I don't know which
My meds work just find and contrary to popular belief
I am on them and I am taking them and I am normally this way
You just know the side you see that day
The Moon does not face you from it's back side
The Dark side is hidden you only see the face it wants to show you

Do not assume I am only a single faced man
I have the other side I keep hidden and that face
Sooner or Later will be shown to you and you might
Be surprised, or already know I am who I am

Later and party on Dudes

Charles E. Owens Jr.
ceojr1963@yahoo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home