Saturday, August 25, 2007

http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=iceland&ie=UTF8&ll=63.970519,-22.574973&spn=0.006441,0.019312&t=h&z=15&om=0


This is a direct link to a picture of somewhere I have lived at in the past. The blue roofed building in the lower right area that is shaped like a U, was once a 7th thru 12th grade Highschool on The Naval Air Station that was at this site. Icelandair had offices there where they landed their planes from international flights. I lived in an apartment complex pictured in the upper left hand corner of the picture. There are two pairs of buildings one pink, on blue, I think the first set (lowerest set) and the Blue Roof was the one we lived in.

I could not find the house we lived in Off-base, the town that we lived in has grown up to much and all the streets have changed. It looks like the town has grown by 3 fold since I lived there in 1974.

Iceland and living there is one of my fondest memories. I have told people that I wanted to retire there, I don't know if that dream is even possible right now. I do know that they have a culture that I do admire, and it has been fairly stable for a while now.

Best wishes all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home