Sunday, September 30, 2007

Garden for your future foods

Recently with all that has been going on in the world I have been noticing a change in things that some of you might have already noticed as well, but I am just writing about. Food prices are going up. We have known for some time now that Fuel prices were on the rise and most of us just buckle under and pay the extra 5 to 10 bucks per fuel-up as a matter of course because we have to drive so we have to pay. But while this is our everyday thing food production is based on the Fuels and Fertilizers that a farmer has to use as well as everyone in the packaging and shipping arenas for that same food.

The Government has been telling us that Core Inflation has been low for so many months that I have stopped listening to them. I am sure more people than I know have also stopped listening to the broken record of "there is nothing to worry about, see core inflation is flat". What many Congress people don't notice is food prices. I am sure if they were buying like the rest of us they might notice, but I just don't see Mrs., or Mr. Congress person shopping at Krogers to get each and every meal they fix at home. I guess what I need to do before I write about them is to go ask one or more of them what they know about food prices.

So I did the next best thing. I called my brother who along with his wife make about as much as a senator does. And when asked if they noticed the change in food prices the answer was " No not very much." There you have it.

So you the reader have you noticed the changes in food prices?
Let us know.

By the way I never did get to the title of this essay, Guess I'll have ot pake this a two parter.
To Be Continued.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home