Friday, June 01, 2018

Poem for her 548

Dear Readers,


So Honored

There was a line in a mail one christmas eve
The words were filled with a joy both felt
Intense and many years in the making
I was posting to my blog again and was saying
Things about Her but also not saying all
You other readers might never know her name
If you ever do it will have been first family
Then slowly into the future not written by me
I am so honored that she is my biggest fan
She said in that long ago email "I am ..."
The many words and many days since glorious
It is summer when these words are typed
The heat is dry and still, But she is near
Head on my shoulder and heart beat close
Sleeping the morning edges away softly
The times they are many when I write her
You other readers don't see those musings
But the slices of the here and now you see
Are as full of the bright light of our days


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home