Thursday, May 31, 2018

Poem for her 546

Dear Readers,


The car trip


There I was in a windstar driving down a road
I'd never been there before, I had seen a map
I wasn't only going there once but many times
I had been down the roads on the map a lot
This time it was the actual deal the real road
There was this picture in my head A face young
Aged though much older and I didn't fully know
The rim of glasses and shape of them but the face
There was a face I had seen real young and smiling
Those eyes bright and slate blue a bit fully open
The glasses just taken off the blinders to me gone
The face is there in memory and in pictures
Round my head goes the images and thoughts
When the trip was going on, the right before edges
The time leading up to when the face would be
The plan a knock on door not happened changed
The happening a much better light on the sight
The light from above, way up in heaven guiding
The light those eyes have that when I look
They have this shine of wonder, pondering gaze
They make every trip to see them again a must
I must see them again and again hold them close
Kiss the lips below them, each time the first


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home