Wednesday, December 06, 2017

Poem for her 370

Dear Readers,


I don't Know

Was what you said when asked about supper
So the quest began, food for thought
Was what you said when I wondered at a title
Though I did label this that, It is with a smile
That you and I have a little bit of fun with paints
Those ones on your toes, the bright blues on a cape
The I don't know is a good starting place for pondering
About things like Trees to plant in the back
About things to get for the new porch swing pillows
About the color of the t-shirt you'll wear today
About little things like the moss species that like cacti
But while we don't know some things others are firm
The pitch of the roof of the outdoor Kitchen
The color of the bed sheets in June
The color of your hair when I brush it slow
The smile on your face as I take your picture
I know that you'll be a year into poems soon
That today is a month away from the start
That I knew I'd write a few, this many is cool
The winter chill flows in the door
As you with layered socks snuggle close to me
We sigh and drink the hot tea brewed and kiss another

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home