Sunday, March 04, 2018

Poem for her 456

Dear Readers,


The gum bag


The Gum is in a bag in a box on a counter
The counter is wherever the Two of us are
The bag might have gone through a dozen days
Of filled with this and taken out of that
The day you kissed me and then the next
Time I saw you and then the day the video
Saw me looking at it this morning
When I told you things of my day
And you told me things of your day
Those sweet tasty reminders of
Belt loops and red silk handkerchief
The daylight mask and the eclipse glasses
The Feb, March, May, August, Nov picnics
Soon to be added to by the spring fair
Then those critters in the dungeon of the game
Then the deck of cards and our journal
The egg and wine and then the gum bag
Remind us of the scents of the spring


Happy Birthday Babe,


Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home