Tuesday, January 09, 2018

Poem for her 400

Dear Readers,


The Walk


The day was kinda like any other
But the track was full of leaves
The trees weren't shedding these
The leaves were last year's
Or maybe even several years ago
The forest floor you could never tell
You were telling me about a call
We had once had long ago
Where we had spent 3:33:59 hours talking
The reason you remember it so
Is that I was the one keeping track
You were making food and I was the timer
The other reason was that I had said
Three tree toads with two toes were treed
In a long tongue twisted poem thought
And I could write it but hardly say it
Without laughing at one point
Well now our walk has ended and here
The thoughts have turned to you again
The next color we are going to paint
On the big mural on the wall
Of that new space that used to be blue


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.






















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home