Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Poem for her 362

Dear Readers,



The cold


The cough was a bit bad that morning
The head was stuffy and things hurt
You and me both were a bit under the weather
But then again we are all under the weather
It is all around us even up in space on the ISS
But you want me to say less and just sleep
But I want to say more and I do
I say all sorts of things and talk and talk
You say shhh and I keep talking and you say
shhhh and frown and I keep talking still
The bit of you that then foams a bit
Smiles too, as I was talking with my tongue
Saying a lot of things but not words
The things my tongue can say not heard
The hearing of those around us would hear wind
The cough and the stuffy head sounds
But the skin next to your hands
The skin in the palms of our hands touching
Would hear my tongue talking and talking and
Then the loudness of that shhhh it's a library
They'd look at us there on that park bench
And they'd smile not knowing who we were
But I'd talk on and on and on saying


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home