Sunday, November 19, 2017

Poem for her 354

Dear Readers,


Her Face


You sit there and I look at you
Your face is looking forward as you drive
The hands on the butter knife sure
You drive the knife into the butter
Spreading it on the graham cracker
The car going just as fast as needed
I see you in the seat smiling
Thinking of two thoughts at once
We all see things in a slight blur
Here in the moment and also elsewhere
I can tell you things as they drift past
Moving faster than the light should
As things mesh into the blur of thought
And emotions and at times both
You at the wheel and dinner table
Driving two different hands full of cards
Pulling one forward and one back and
I win some and I lose track of where we are
Until I shift my gaze and hand you the wine glass
Cheers babe Thanks for the note of knowing me

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home