Friday, November 17, 2017

Poem for her 353

Dear Readers,


The Kiss

Your face in front of me the coat still on
I stand there and look at you glasses just off
The blue sky eyes bright and wide
I am trying to think which hand is which
I want to kiss the left hand and have to decide
I also want to kiss your lips but want your hand first
The day stands out and then shifts
The night we kiss hello arrives again and again
As we arrive in the same second each century
As the long day goes by the turning of the dial
The radio plays that song again, or that other one
The song where I play the banjo and you sing
The sounds of the dreams in our ears as I write
The lyrics of the next song we are to sing
Then you wake and I am rubbing your back low and slow
The night is not here yet but your sighs are
Sounding in my ear and repeat my name.

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home