Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Poem for her 340

Dear Readers,


That Drive Time


The bike was sitting there alone
You were at school and it knew soon
Then the bus doors opened and out you hopped
The bike smiled soon the wheels they be turning
They be turning those wheels of the car
You are driving now as I type
You are driving me slowly slowly kissing slowly
The Idea of you driving is fond to me
Fond the thoughts of all those days I drove
The roads and byways not highways much
The old creek beds the soft street glow flowing
The days of just driving and not doing much
Just the wandering wondering miles
You are soul of my soul we both say
You know that I am always with you on the trips
The slips of hand in my hand the kiss of lips
The drive time is that silence in the head
If you and I were in the same spaces
The cars might be the same places
I know you lover, I love you babe, I know the drive
The want to be out there the need to be out there
The need to feel the winds over bike wheels
I am sliding my hands into your hands and we drive


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home