Thursday, October 26, 2017

Poem for her 336

Dear Readers,


7 hours and 52 minutes

The number of milliseconds I spent with You today
Voice so close I could reach out and touch You
But for the slight electronic distance
Hours of touching you soon to be unlimited again
Holding your face in my hands Kissing you
All over again and again, till the sun light fades
Then as night seeps into our rooms the touch
Softer still and the mint tea in hand tasted
The sounds of the night whispers and the pillow soft
The touch that stirs the air fresh with mint
Your voice is many faceted and layered sweet
I can't seem to get enough of your sight
I look deep into your soul and we smile at the other
You look deep into my soul and we smile at the other
The clock ticks by the days going by since
A face in a parking lot said Hi There
The days since when we last kissed gone long
Into the dust of the dew drops on the grass
Drifting off into the forest glades of home


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home