Friday, March 16, 2018

Poem for her 467

Dear Readers,


When summer comes


The heat of the day is intense and calm
The porch swing sways in the motion of feet
We want the air to chill a bit like winter
The snows almost forgot but still wanted
Your sundress cool and me always in shorts
The birds aren't flying today taking a day off
The day is supposed to have rain but it's bright
We just got done with a walk down a shady lane
Over there beside the creek bed with water
There was that pool deep in the rocks
Where I helped you down so I could get a splash
The water was cool, I wanted you to wade in
We still talk about the few minutes of laughter
When I was just a bit ankle deep and the wave hit
Splashed on me by you pushing the water my way
The shorts are just now drying on the porch swing
The day is going to hit a record high we think
The after walk sit down swing almost over
We'll go in and play a game of cards and drink tea
I'll make it with a splash of creme de minthe
Like I talked about the other day when we bought it
You hold my hand and smile, another summer day floats by


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home