Saturday, March 10, 2018

Poem for her 461

Dear Readers,


The window pane


There the photo starts the edge of window frame
The sound of nothing as it is not video but still
The sound of me breathing I can imagine as the frame
Holds you in a distance pose near a car door open
There is the thought which way is the going
To me or going away to other places but see you it does
There in the line up a video of you next so here
You come toward me and I get to kiss your memory again
The idea of the scrap book filled with photos in line
Tracked into a timeline many a day long centered on you
Thought about you, clicked at you, touching you
The video has your feet swinging socks on and happy
The video has you telling me a day full of things
The video has the sound of kissing but only a wall seen
There is a long space of time between bits of frames
The weeks go by and note book pages fill and photos click
Then more video of you and me in places chatting
Then the window pane again in frame looking out
At the benches and porch swing you sitting in one
The birds on the ground eating seed and likely saying

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home