Saturday, February 03, 2018

Poem for her 426

Dear Readers,



63 Percent


That was where my cellphone's battery was at
The call ended and I remembered her question
You are 54 right and I smiled she was so cute
This girl I know, so sweet, belt loops and all
The call was long and longer still as the day
When she is away like this we tend to talk
As much as the trips allow and then press for more
As the slide of skin and hand and skirt hem
The idea of the distance shortened as she moves
Toward me with her soul and my soul as one
The clock slips by unknown the time merged
The day shortened and then we look and
Weeks have gone by on the phone chilled
The min's it seemed weeks in the world outside us
We long to touch again get back to cabin things
The kitchen plate and cup forlorn waiting to be used
Her touch on my lips as we greet at the door
The sound of our sighs and the sound of pillow
Pillow saying hi to the walls and bed again
Home for a long long stay trips later
Kissing long and longer still as the day

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home