Saturday, January 27, 2018

Poem for her 419

Dear Readers,


Black dress


You stood there hair in your face looking at me
I was sitting down so my head was looking up
I wanted to tell you things but just looked
I had my hands on your hips and back and
I wanted to capture every breath you take
I felt the fabric of the black dress
But it wasn't a dress just was a long cami
In dreams the color changes and the places too
In the picture of that day your face soft
The cloth ribbed and in my hands and you
The photo plays long in my mind as I hear
The sighs you make when I softly whisper
I love you babe on the phone or on the bench
You stand there and you smile as you lean in
The long night just starting and the kiss
The kiss long and longer still I whisper


Happy Birthday Babe,


Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home