Thursday, January 18, 2018

Poem for her 408

Dear Readers,


Hot as coffee


The cup was fresh and on the night stand
Your hand slipped out from under the covers
The room was a bit chilled, the fire embers
I had let it go to long without fresh logs
I was just adding a few choice ones to heat
So the room is still chilly and the coffee hot
The electric blanket was on low all night
And your skin is always a bit warmer at night
So I was reluctant to get up much in the night
But coffee is better fresh and you like it so
I plant a kiss on your forehead and nose
Then I linger to taste coffee on your lips
My skin is cool so I don't want to chill you
I check the switches on the floor heater coils
Tend to the fire to get the embers hot again
The floor heater coils run under the fireplace
And out around the floor to give us warm toes
I look over at you and think of things Hot
Coffee, Fireplace, Stove, Blanket and
You dear flaming as I look at you smile at me


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home