Friday, November 10, 2017

Poem for her 347

Dear Readers,


Tying Shoes


You put your shoes on
Then balance and put your foot up
Resting it on my knee
I pull the laces and tie your shoe
We repeat the other foot
You balancing there
On one foot then the other
I smile at you
Old enough to do it yourself
But young enough to have me do them
Younger than the tree in the back yard
Planted when we were just dreams
Putting your feet on my knees
Letting me massage the ankles
The ones just contained by shoes
Hours ago when you went driving
To the shop to get more Mei Fun
There you are wine glass in hand
Seeking that first taste
Some new bottle we'd gotten
At that new winery down the road
Kissing your lips after taste of wine
Sweet by their own right
Remembering that first day I kissed you
Decades ago when you were in parking lot
Close in hands on back soft sighs
That need to doze right as you read the line


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home