Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Poem for her 350

Dear Readers,


The Drive,


The drive down memory lane that you took
When my camera was rolling was windy
The smile on your face as you pointed out things
Touched by my hands on your thigh
The song on the radio was about kissing
The kissing we had done just hours before
The missing of your touch on my face
The lick of butter off the graham crackers
The slice of raspberry on the spoon
The sound you make when I touch your hem line
The wind over the highway as we drive
I can't tell the readers all our thoughts
The ones on video or the ones not
I look at your laughter and smile the taste
Of you fresh as the morning dew on my toes
The heat adjusted as you are in coat
And I am in summer garb with just a bit of chill
The night longer without us in each other's arms
The day still and dim in the room as we sleep
The taste of each other fresh on the kiss


Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home