Saturday, April 27, 2019

Poem for her 803

Dear Readers,



Black Socks


They came off under the table
They slipped on her feet near the bed
They hid in the sock drawer yesterday
They jumped for joy when picked out
They mingled with others in the dryer
Filtered to the red side of the towels
Said hi to me as I put them next my sandals
They sit on the porch swing pondering
What to do this spring
They want to play with flowers
Get some flour on their toes
Bake some bread and see the sights
They like to think of her toes too
Then they say hi to the blue sock
There on the table mixed in with towels
They wonder when I'll play mix and match
Then they might be red sock black sock
Or just sit there dancing on the toes
They look nice on her toes in my hands

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home