Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Poem for her 769

Dear Readers,


There

..Is a picture you in a blue shirt
..Sitting on the porch swing
..Standing by our coffee pot
..Sitting in the van waving for me
..You are swinging side to side
..The music is playing with you singing
..You walk down a garden path
..Sit on the garden bench
..You scatter bird seeds
..Stand by the sink, handing me a dish
..In a picture by the moss by a tree
..In a photo I just found
..With the white skirt on again
..With the museum brochure in your hand
..With a spaceman's ice cream in hand
..Planes fly over your head
..Singing in the rain just beyond the door
..Getting the hair out of your face
..Handing me back the towel
..Laughing at the fireplace warm finally
..Hugging me all week long
..Hand on the fork
..Hand on the cup of chocolate mint tea
..saying yummy after that first long sip
There giving me that first kiss

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home