Sunday, July 15, 2018

Poem for her 596

Dear Readers,



For you Love


The sky cracked open and the lightening crackled
The deep joke was you were a storm
But first I had said in the long email
That I was like an adventure person
Not the go there and do that, but a have gone
I was older, and just as wise as I was
When that prayer was asked what would you pray for
I said I want to be second best then
If Solomon was first
Then there was a huge lightening flash
I had my Eyes closed Tight I was
Talking to my brother's voice mail
I was telling him a story slice off the blog here
Then you arrived and I said
Hi flying creature how are you
You smiled and touched my back and slowly
Slowly said, dinner is ready love
I said well James you heard her
And closed the phone
The dinner was a special mix of this and that
Your own recipe
You have had a long time to hone your skills
The things that a bread dough and a chicken thigh do
The spices grown in the garden and store bought
There was the spread
The food for the evening meal
Not as early as we might eat
Not as late as we might eat
But just right
Right on time
Brand spanking new this very second
The passage through the doorway
In the middle of the room
We became brand spanking new again

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home