Saturday, July 14, 2018

Poem for her 595

Dear Readers,


Saturday Cheese day


The grilled cheese and egg sandwich of video fame
You said this and that and I said this and that
Then the next day whichever day of days they were
You there hot coffee in hand and those hotel plates
But service was delayed and there was kissing involved
Then the grilling and the showing and those words you use
That wonderfully light voice saying Perfectly to each one
Of the steps in that May breakfast but this was cheese
And eggs in April same pan, same lady, same guy
Different creation cooking for our morning meal
You are a chef and I am a tease of thin light hair
To be fair that would be best your hair is healthy
Mine is thinning or just older and fragile thin
But we shower together and you are shorter than me
I don't like the water much I love you being there
Home is where the soul of my soul is always
We sliced the sandwiches and you ate yours
I nibbled on mine, your very self being in contact
With me feeds me with all the energy I can handle
I do eat, but being built like santa I am a bit less
In need of cheese and egg and like the touch of your hand
I never would have noticed you if not for the wings


Happy Birthday Babe,


Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home