Thursday, February 15, 2018

Poem for her 438

Dear Readers,



Summer comes early

The heat of winter streams in the door
The front porch is a bit warm Snow gone
The snow bunnies of last week melted
The coats you wore just last week put up
Though the weather folks say we'll need them
Still the day feels muggy and warm
I tease you about getting your bikini on
You look at me sideways and I giggle a bit
But I do hand you a T-Shirt with flowers on it
The ones we paint last year when it was spring
The weather will change soon and back again
Swaying like the porch swing does
We get a light Iced drink afternoon
The fans going faster to stir the air cool
The garden seed books thumbed through
The lists of seeds we want almost done
The kiss I give you long and slow
I tell you some sweet nothings and smile
As you hold my hands and dance

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home