Friday, December 14, 2018

Poem for her 720

Dear Readers,


Travel time


In the passenger seat
I sit and watch the road go by
Look over at you driving
See the sighs you make
Hear the songs on the radio
See the trees we pass
Know we'll e home soon
I try to keep a jovial voice
Lest the subtle one makes you sleepy
Mention the hot tea at home
Minutes away once in the door
Tell you I have a surprise
That is wrapped up
But in the kitchen
Cold
Then you smile and think
I see you tap your fingers
The sign that you want to hurry
Get there to find out
What that cold wrapped
Oh you smile
Bottle you ask
Shh I tell myself, no sound
But you've got the noise
I said cold you knew
From my silence
The gift kind
Just not the taste
Yet
Hurry the roads slide by
Kisses over glass soon

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home