Monday, September 24, 2018

Poem for her 653

Dear Readers,



Video at 2 degrees


The angle of the video was daunting
The lights hard to deal with
I wanted only her face in the frame
The focus and zoom hardly good enough
Just an old camera phone
Those were the days

Then the topic was heard on audio
Shhh she said once
So we changed focus
The end of the video awesome
I could now sleep
Oh hey what time is it

Two 52 the clock read on the phone
The laptop blinked in another time zone
Millions of miles away
Two 52
I went to bed
Then I lay there
Composing stories

The night was late
The morning not yet there
Wee hours they claim
I was in one read a zero hour
Not a 1 of a kind am child
But those numbers
They ring around the Shhh sound

There is her voice a while back
Listened to her voicemail she has
I know her she'd have done it twice
By the time she reads these lines
Yet still fresh
The sound of her voice

These 90 years later
The days are still as short
Or as long depending
On where the flowers bloom
They also bloom
Right there at the table
By the plate
Breakfast is ready Love

Happy Birthday Babe,

Charles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home